Convicted paedophile with an ‘unhealthy appetite for looking at images of young girls
A convicted sex offender with an ‘unhealthy appetite for looking at images of young girls’ was sent to prison ‘yet again’.
Andrew Boyce, 44, was found to have one busted laptop and another in working order but ‘hidden’ when detectives visited him at home in Oxford on November 17.
Neither had been registered with the police – a breach of a sexual harm prevention order first imposed when he was convicted in 2016 of having indecent images of children and collecting literature about incest abuse.
Prosecutor Stefan Weidmann told Oxford Crown Court this week that the internet history for the past ‘several months’ had been deleted from the working laptop.
Both computers had been sent away for analysis by digital forensics specialists. Police were yet to crack into either device.
When he was interviewed at the police station Boyce ‘exercised his right to silence’, the prosecutor said.
Boyce, of Abingdon Road, Oxford, pleaded guilty at the magistrates’ court last month to two counts of breaching his sexual harm prevention order.
The court heard he had a previous conviction from 2020 for flouting the order.
On that occasion he had accessed literature describing child abuse and incest and had also searched the net for a 10-year-old character from the Game of Thrones television series. He was jailed for 16 months.
Sentencing him to two years’ imprisonment, Judge Michael Gledhill KC said: “I’m not going to lecture you about your dishonesty and your lying to the police.
“I’ve read the pre-sentence report with very great care. I understand the difficulties that you have faced over the years.
“None of them amount to any sort of excuse for breaching a court order designed to protect young girls from your attentions.
“You have an unhealthy appetite for looking at images of young girls.”
The judge added: “I can’t do anything else than send you to prison yet again.
“Regrettably that means the help you need is probably not going to be given in the amount it would be if you were at liberty.”
He warned Boyce that, on his release from prison, the police ‘will be keeping the closest possible eye on you’.
The judge extended the defendant’s sexual harm prevention order, replicating the terms of the earlier order and imposing it for 10 years from the date of his sentence.
Paedophile jailed after officers find child abuse images and incestuous literature
A convicted paedophile who flouted a court order and was caught with more images of child sex abuse has been jailed.
Andrew Boyce was found with indecent images of sexual abuse depicting children as young as six years old, as well as depraved, incestuous literature.
The 42-year-old of Bennett Crescent, Oxford had already admitted two counts of breaching a sexual harm prevention order.
He was also convicted of three counts of making indecent images of children and one of possessing a prohibited image of a child.
Boyce appeared at Oxford Crown Court to be sentenced for those crimes today.
Outlining the case prosecutor Alexandra Bull said Boyce was first convicted of making indecent images of children and handed a sexual harm prevention order in April 2016 at Worcester Crown Court.
On February 6 this year a public protection officer made an unannounced visit to Boyce’s Cowley home shortly after 4pm.
On further investigation a mobile phone and a Samsung tablet were discovered.
Prosecutors said that when the tablet was found Boyce said ‘yes, that’s the bad one’ and claimed he had used the device to ‘look at bad stuff.’
Those items – the possession of which put him in breach of his original order – were seized and investigated.
A number of indecent images of children were discovered, including two in the most severe category – A.
It was also revealed that Boyce had accessed literature describing the sexual abuse of children.
One of these depicted an underground club in which children were abused by men.
Another depicted the abuse of a young girl by her father and brother.
There were also internet searches for a 10-year-old character from the Game of Thrones television series.
Of the indecent images of children prosecutors said the material showed victims aged between six and 15 years old and had been accessed between 2017 and 2019.
Sentencing, Judge Maria Lamb called Boyce’s behaviour ‘entrenched.’
She said: “You do acknowledge that you have a problem and you certainly do.
“Your problem is as nothing in proportion to the misery with is visited on the children who are the subject of these images.”
She said that a jail term was to be imposed for the offences and that ‘it would not be appropriate’ to suspend that prison sentence.
Boyce was jailed for a total of 16 months and made subject to a sexual harm prevention order for 10 years.
He must also pay a statutory victim surcharge.