Rapist from Bushey was at large for a month after removing electronic tag following release from prison
A convicted rapist from Bushey, near Watford, considered “high risk” was at large in Essex for a month after he cut off his electronic tag following his release from prison.
Jordan Hubbock was put in jail after his conviction in 2014 for raping three people, one of whom was a child under the age of 16
Hubbock, 26, committed the crimes between 2011 and 2013 and was released from prison on licence in 2021 and fitted with an electronic tag to track his movements
He was also listed on the Sex Offenders’ Register, requiring him to inform police of his address, telephone numbers, credit cards and social media accounts.
However, shortly after his release to the Basildon area in Essex, and later Barking, Hubbock cut off his tag.
Essex Police was informed that he was a “high risk” sexual offender and a manhunt was launched, which included appeals on social media.
Hubbock went to ground in February last year, and it was not until March 18 that he was found by police searching an address, where he had been hiding behind a sunbed.
Hubbock was sentenced at Basildon Crown Court on Wednesday (March 9) for breaching notification requirements.
‘Danger to the public’ – Serial rapist gets extended 10-year jail sentence
A 19 year old man who raped three females, has been given an extended prison sentence of 10 years.
Jordan Hubbock targeted vulnerable women and girls who he met through social media chat forums. One of his victims was from Hemel Hempstead.
After agreeing to meet him, Hubbock forced himself on his victims.
He raped a 15 year old girl who was in care, a 17 year old and a 21 year old woman in her home.
He assaulted another 17 year old girl, giving her a black eye, and he engaged in sexual activity with a 13 year old girl.
Hubbock, of Scottswood Close, Bushey, appeared for sentence at St Albans Crown Court on Friday, having been found guilty at the end of a trial of three counts of rape, assaulting the 17 year old girl occasioning her actual bodily harm and sexually activity with a child.
Deputy Circuit Judge Michael Baker QC was told the offences covered a two-year period from the end of 2011 through to 2013.
Passing sentence, the judge told Hubbock he had “banked” on his victims being too embarrassed to report him.
The judge told Hubbock he had embarked on a campaign to get his way with girls, often committing the offences when he was high on drink or drugs.
Judge Baker told Hubbock that he considered him to be a danger to the public and, for the protection of women, he was going to pass an extended sentence.
Hubbock received a 10-year jail term and was told he would have to serve two thirds of the sentence before being released on licence.
He was told the period he would remain on licence would also be extended.