Carlisle man downloaded thousands of child abuse images
A pervert from Carlisle has been put on the Sex Offender Register after he admitted charges related to downloading thousands of child abuse images.
At Carlisle Crown Court, Oliver Owen, 25, entered guilty pleas to six offences, all involving indecent images. The defendant, of Bowman Street, Carlisle, admitted the following charges:
· That on September 7, 2020, he distributed indecent Category C child images.
· That between March 17, 2019, and October 23, 2020, he downloaded 1,081 indecent child images, classed as Category A, the most serious kind.
· A like offence, involving 640 Category B child abuse images.
· And another like offence, involving 3,958 indecent Category C child images.
· Possessing 240 prohibited images of children.
· And possessing extreme pornography which was “grossly offensive” and featured animals.
No details of the offending were revealed when Owen appeared at Carlisle Crown Court
Recorder Ian Unsworth QC told the defendant, of Bowman Street, Carlisle, that he must cooperate with those preparing the reports, noting that it was essential that the psychologist assesses him before sentencing.
The judge noted also that it was important for the court to have “all sentencing options” open to it.
Adjourning the case until August 26, Recorder Unsworth told Owen that his name will now go on to the Sex Offender Register. How long it will remain there will depend on his ultimate sentence.
The Recorder granted the defendant bail until his sentence hearing.