March 2022

Bus driver sexually assaulted six-year-old girl in terrifying bathroom attack

A coach driver who subjected a teenage girl to a horrifying sex attack almost 20 years ago has been jailed for 32 months..

Henry Good, 64, pounced on the sleeping 15-year-old at a property in Lanarkshire.

The victim, who cannot be named, had gone with Good, also known as Morris, to a nearby pub where he bought her alcohol.

But she was left terrified when awoke the next morning to find him indecently assaulting her while performing a sex act on himself.

The fiend also molested a six-year-old girl, who also cannot be identified, and forced her to carry out a sex act in a bathroom.

Good, of Leeds, denied all wrongdoing and forced his victims, now aged 31 and 20, to give evidence at Hamilton Sheriff Court.

But a jury took just an hour to convict him of indecently assaulting the older girl between 2005 and 2007 at the house in Bellshill.

He was found guilty of lewd, indecent and libidinous behaviour towards the younger victim between 2007 and 2009.

Sheriff Alasdair MacFadyen jailed him for 32 months and placed him on the sex offenders’ register indefinitely.

Good, who had a long career driving holiday makers across the UK and Europe, told a jury he had done nothing wrong.

He said: “This simply didn’t happen.

“I honestly don’t know why these things are being said about me.

“One of the girls said that she called me a paedo but if she called me that then it is something I would remember because it isn’t the nicest thing in the world to be called, but it didn’t happen.”

Giving evidence from behind screens, the 31-year-old told depute fiscal Neil Thomson she had been attacked after a night at the pub.

She said: “One night we had been drinking with friends in Bellshill and had gone back to the house to sleep.

“The next morning I woke up to find Mr Good touching me while he had his trousers pulled down.

“I just grabbed the duvet and wrapped it around me so he couldn’t get to me and then I felt myself scrunching myself up into a ball and I hoped that was it.

“He literally just got up, pulled his trousers back up and left as if nothing had happened.”

The 20-year-old wept as she told the court: “I was six or seven when this happened but didn’t tell my mum until I was 13 or 14 when I realised what he had done to me.

“Only then was I able to tell people about it but he has ruined my life.

“It was 100 percent him who did it to me, there is no doubt about it.”